We have a very fun blog series for you this week! We are going to be sharing our favorite crafty holiday trends for 2018! Each day we will talk about a new trend, share a collection of stamps & dies that work for the trend and share a gorgeous card from a member of our team!
Today let’s talk about Holiday Words! Words are a super versatile way to create for the holidays! They can be traditional or trendy, serious or silly and the options are so endless! Today Julie has created a really fun word from images card with The Stamp Market stamps. We know you are going to love it but first check out some of our favorite holiday word stamps & dies available in the shop!
Holiday Words stamps & dies…
Hello, everybody! Today I’m making some DIY glitter stickers and working with a lovely holiday stamp and die set by the Stamp Market called Merry Days—the imagery is so fun and festive. Brace y’self, cuz it’s gonna get sparkly all up in here!
- This method of shading with dye inks directly on the stamp works best with a great stamp positioning tool like the MISTI.
- Bold/solid images like those in the Merry Days set work particularly well for this glitter technique.
- The Xyron X Sticker Maker is handy for coating small die cut shapes (whether it’s the front or the back side) with all over adhesive.
- If you like dipping items in glitter, try storing several jars of glitter into in one larger container; it’s so much easier to dip batches of items at the same time.
- A textured card base can add interest to a project without over-taking the focal image.