The September Essentials by Ellen release is just around the corner, and Angela’s here with some sneak peeks, plus a project that’s perfect for Halloween gift giving.
Hi friends! This Friday, the newest Essentials by Ellen release will be available in the shop, and today’s the first day of reveals. If you’re a fan of spooky season I think you’ll be VERY excited about what’s coming, and if you like to gift Halloween treats, then I’ve got just the project for you.
In this video, you’ll see how I used the new Ghost Hugger Die Set, Essential Oval Hot Foil Stamps, and Hey Boo die set to create a fun oval-shaped card that doubles as a holder for small treats.
- Feeling adventurous? Shake things up and try a shaped card. Here, I used the Essential Ovals die to create an oval side-folding card, then combined the new Essential Ovals Hot Foil Stamps with the previously-released Tiny Stars Hot Foil Plate to create a clean and simple background.
- If you notice a lot of over-foiling on your cardstock after peeling back foil, a simple sand eraser will clean it up in just a few seconds.
- To step up the look of a ghost, try using the Essentials by Ellen Press Plate along with white cardstock and Spellbinders Glimmer Foil in Opal to make your own opalescent cardstock.
- When sticking the front and back pieces of the Ghost Hugger together, apply your adhesive to the back of the front piece, rather than the front of the back piece. This way, you can more easily avoid the arms, which you want to leave free to move and hold Halloween treats!
- When assembling the card, aim to align the bottom of the ghost die cut with the bottom of the oval. This way, the card will be able to stand up straight.
Mark your calendar for this Friday when this new Essentials by Ellen release will be available in the shop. Until then, be sure to pop over to Instagram for more reveals from the Design Team members – we’ve got SO much to show you!