Welcome to day 10 of the 12 Tags of Christmas! We are delighted to have the crazy talented Essentials by Ellen designers Julie Ebersole and Brandi Kincaid here today! Julie and Brandi are sharing their non-traditional color palettes (anything but red & green together, LOL) using Essentials by Ellen stamps & dies!
Julie is sharing her tag “Hello Monday-style” so make sure to leave a little comment love for her here and check out Brandi’s blog (link below) to see her tag and leave her a little love. All comments will be entered for a chance to win a $25 gift code and head here to enter the 12 Tags Challenge!
Red and green together is probably the single most “traditional” color combo in the history of holiday themes. Julie, and partner in crime, Brandi, decided to go rogue with alternatives, proving that red and green are not the only game in town when it comes to holiday tags.
- Make a diecut jig using your MISTI; it increases stamping accuracy and speeds up mass production!
- Catherine Pooler water-based dye inks can easily be used as a substitute for watercolor paints.
- Use a waterbrush, like the Pentel Aquash, to paint your tags; it eliminates the need for a jar of water.
- Give your tag some extra fun by doubling up; it also gives you some extra room to write!
- Dress up your plain kraft wrapping paper by making a snowflake garland! Wrap the gift with twine, then use glue dots to secure die cut snowflakes along it for a fun, out of the ordinary look!