Julie is sharing two techniques for creating bokeh backgrounds for an interactive balloon card today! The first method is fairly quick and the second takes it a step further, but both are easy and fun to create! The Scratch-Off Stickers are actually silver in color, although they appear black in Julie’s photography.
- Solid round dot stamps make this an easy background to create.
- Stamping Mask Paper has edge-to-edge repositionable adhesive which works very well especially when blending over the top.
- White pigment ink can be stamped over the top of blended backgrounds, or if you have a circle/dot stencil, you can load up a sponge dauber to stencil your bokeh shapes.
- Pigment inks can take a long time to dry; use a heat gun to speed up the process.
- Secure a penny to the inside of the card using Washi tape, for the recipient to use for scratching off.