Use one stamp to create two very different and very beautiful holiday cards! Therese is sharing two inspiring ideas on how to use the Essentials by Ellen Mondo Amaryllis with different mediums.
Hi, it’s Therese and today I’m sharing two ways to create some Amaryllis Christmas cards. I thought it would be interesting to use the same stamp sets and create 2 different designs. Isn’t it great to get an early start on your Christmas cards?! I hope you are inspired to give it a try.
- When colouring with Prismacolor Pencils on colored cardstock have a scrap piece off to the side to check the colors.
- Use a stamp positioner like the MISTI to restamp an image after it’s coloured to sharpen the black stamped outlines.
- Use a piece of acetate to help with placement of a sentiment.
- Use Bristol Smooth Cardstock with Watercolor Brush Markers, it’s much easier to blend colours and the cardstock is a nice bright white with a smooth finish.
- When watercoloring emboss the image to make the coloring process easier and quicker.
Prismacolor Pencils used – Pale Sage, Olive Green, Espresso, Sand, Spanish Orange, Goldenrod, Burnt Ochre, Carmine Red and White.
Altenew Watercolor Brush Markers used – Limeade, Moss, Sunkissed, Crimson, Lava Rock and Jet Black.