It’s time to deck the halls with adorable (and unbreakable) DIY paper ornaments using the Essentials by Ellen House Box die!
With little ones who love to touch and handle pretty things on the tree, this year, Julie’s decking out hers with paper ornaments—a whole village of them!
- Nest the door and window within the die’s framework so you only need to make one pass through your die cutting machine; Purple Tape helps secure multiple dies to ensure none shift when passing through.
- Score lines on heavier weights of card stock don’t always play nicely; use a straight edge to help start the creases.
- Be Creative Tape is perfect for box assembly due to its very strong bonding properties.
- Lightweight embellishments can be secured to the assembled houses with mini glue dots (so you can skip the hot glue gun!).
- Prefer to tuck little goodies inside your houses? Avoid adhesive tape on the bottom flaps of of the house so they can be re-opened!
- Gluing vellum card stock inside allows (battery operated) tea lights to shine through the windows and doors.