Do you love creating interactive cards for your friends & family? Today we have a very cool interactive cardmaking idea for you…a wiper card!
Julie’s making her very first “Wiper” card today! Her project features an adorable magnifying glass that pops up, to reveal a tiny surprise. She’s working with the new Lawn Fawn “A Bug Deal” and “Hey Lady” stamp & die sets, and has a few tips she picked up along the way on her maiden voyage for this interactive card—most importantly, she suggests having images stamped, colored and die cut ahead of time.
- Pre-plan your layout and what your mechanism will be popping up ahead of time; additionally having the image you want to feature stamped and die cut will help in this pre-planning stage.
- You may want to stamp images on the back panel, as opposed to die cutting and popping them up dimensionally because you don’t want anything to hinder the movement of the pop up mechanism.
- If you’ve never made one before, like Julie, making a prototype/template out of blank card stock and save it–will help guide you which direction to fold and where to glue the different pieces/tabs, etc.
- Clear plastic/acetate is perfect for extension arms, when needed.
- Test the placement of your pop up image to make sure it will be hiding and not hanging out the bottom of the card or getting caught/hung up on anything.
- Two card stock panels measuring 5 1/2″h x 5 3/4”w*
- One piece of card stock measuring 15/16”h x 2”w (mechanism)**
- Score back panel at 3/4 and 1 1/2” from the right short end
- Score front panel 3/4 and 1 1/2” from the left short end (*height of front panel will vary depending on desired height, but should be tall enough to conceal mechanism and any attachments/extension arms)
- **Follow video for decoration and assembly guidelines
Bless you heart for sharing this, and with all the boo-boos, with us. But ya know what?! I’m gonna pass on this. Ha! I do love the sets and that undeniable giggle of yours. See ya soon!
The surprise is so fun, thanks for the fab technique video!
Super Awesome Super CUTE!!!!
Adorable!! I just got this stamp and die set, and love it!
So adorable Julie! Great tutorial!
So clever. Thanks for the great tutorial.
Such a cute card! I love that you included your goofs! It makes me feel better to know I’m not the only one who has to figure out how to solve problems of my own making! Thank you so much, Julie, for sharing AND for being you! <3