Do you love creating handmade cards but feel like you need some fresh card design ideas?
We can help! Julie Ebersole is kicking off the week with some creative ways to incorporate hexagons into your card designs!
The sentiments in “It’s All Good” can be used on their own or fit within the new Hex Frames Dies. Together they can give designs both a classic and modern finish.
Julie is sharing a few of her favorite ways to combine these great shapes on these clean and simple cards.
- Ink pad running dry? Use a MISTI to ink and stamp an image multiple times to deepen/intensify the color.
- Wrap some Press N Seal around a piece of chipboard and use it to temporarily hold items you need to blend ink over or apply glue to—keeps it from scooching all over your work surface.
- Make your own chipboard by stacking die cuts together until you reach the desired thickness.
- Mount strips of colored card stock tightly together on scrap paper, then stamp and emboss a greeting over top for a fun look!
- When heat embossing over inked surfaces, make sure they are moisture/static free by prepping the surface with anti-static powder prior to stamping (will avoid stray embossing powder sticking in unwanted areas).
- Break the “rules” by deliberately mounting Hexagon frames “askew”
- Skip the black ink and detail coloring–stamp your images or highlight the greetings in beautiful shades of ink! Blending brushes make it easier than ever to achieve softly blended ombré and rainbow effects.
- Die cut glitter paper is a quick and easy way to add a little bling to your designs.
Really Beautiful cards!!!
Beautiful creations and thanks for all the tips!
Yes. Yes. YES!!! Very cool.
Fab graphic designs!
Love the new March release! What a great set of stamps does and inks!
What an amazing release so much Spring!
I just love hexagons!! Fabulous 💕💕
Love these Hex Frames! Awesome samples!
Fabulous cards along with some very helpful tips! I love them!