Hot foil stamping for card and stationery makers has never been more accessible since the arrival of the Gemini Foil Press and Spellbinders Glimmer Systems! Julie is sharing how she achieved this gorgeous holographic rainbow foiled effect using the new Good Vibes Only hot foil stamp!
Hi, hello, how are you?! Julie here on the blog today! I LOVE the Good Vibes Only hot foil stamp for its beautiful, bold lettering; it is truly a stunning way to showcase the effects of foiling on your cards and other stationery projects! As you watch today’s video, I’ll be sharing some tips for how I’ve been getting consistent foiling results that offer a such a professional finish, folks will be surprised when you say, “Yes, I made it m’self!” (wink)
- Working on a smooth finish of 80# weight card stock provides the most consistent hot foil stamping,
- Make sure you are working with the appropriate foil for your surface; Gemini Hot Foil comes in TWO types, one of which is expressly designed for paper surfaces and “Multi-Craft” which is designed for surfaces such as cotton fabrics, leather, faux leather, etc.
- Julie recommends always testing before proceeding to the actual project. Her suggestions for the Gemini Foil Press settings should serve as a starting point; modify as needed and take some quick notes on what works for you and keep them handy as a reference when starting a project.
- Cut foil to slightly larger than hot foil stamp; secure edges tautly along left and right sides using removable tape, making sure edges of hot foil stamp do not touch/rest on taped areas. Use additional removable tape to keep hot foil stamp in place/prevent shifting.
- For 80# Neenah Solar White, the following settings gave the most consistent results ↓
- Low setting, 15 seconds, with an additional 80# card stock shim attached to the top plate for additional pressure.
- The Gemini Foil Press works only in conjunction with the Gemini Jr./Gemini motorized die cutting machines; please check Spellbinders Glimmer System for compatibility with off-brand manual die cutting machines.