Welcome to Day 12, the final day of 12 Tags of Christmas 2021! We are delighted to have Julie Ebersole and Guest Designer Chari Moss, joining us today. Their Christmas Carol is Holly Jolly Christmas and you’re going to love how they were both inspired.
Be sure to leave a little love for our Julie and Guest Designer Chari – by commenting on this post – for a chance to win $25 to spend at ellenhutson.com, then click over to this post to enter the 12 Tags Challenge!
Happy Christmas! Julie here on the 12th day of Christmas with a fun shaker tag video, based on the carol “Holly Jolly Christmas”! I actually ended up with a “bonus” tag out of this gig—the bonus tag isn’t as fancy as the first . . . I don’t know about y’all, but I can ALWAYS use a bonus tag when I’m in a gift wrapping frenzy, LOL, because inevitably, someone else is always swiping mine for their packages at the last minute!
- Hit your supermarket up for some Press-N-Seal; it will allow you to nest/align and anchor your dies in place, so you only have to make one pass to create the shaker frame. If you’re going to mass-produce, this makes it so much easier and faster!
- Make your own shaker filler by stamping small words and cutting them out; you don’t need many to get the effect, and when combined with sequins and other shiny bits, it’s an unexpected twist when it comes to shakers!
- Stack/glue multiples of your frame layer (I used about 4, reserving the 5th to go on top, over the clear plastic) if you don’t have foam tape skinny enough to create your shaker box—it works just as well and creates a very sturdy tag! (hint, some tags make lovely tree ornaments, too . . . just sayin’ . . . )
- Depending on the thickness of the clear plastic/acetate you’re die cutting for your shaker window, you may need to add the metal shim to your cutting plate (placed under the die blades) to get a clean cut all the way through; every machine is calibrated differently so you may need to do a test cut to make sure you have enough pressure.
- Quickest and easiest way I know to add some sparkle, is Stickles Diamond! It literally goes with EVERYTHING!
We have our friend Chari Moss teamed up with Julie! Here’s how she was inspired by the Holly Jolly Christmas Carol:
For all the details about Chari’s gorgeous tag, please hop over to her blog.
There two aren’t the only ones inspired by the Holly Jolly Christmas – Christmas carol! Check out what these designers have created…