Julie is hot foil stamping her way through a pretty stack of thank-you cards that are all-purpose but still have a special and unique touch!
Happy Holidays! It’s me, Julie. So, you were blessed with some wonderful gifts. You’ll want to express your appreciation with a holiday thank-you card that’s easy and quick to mass produce, yet looks sooooo posh! While red white and gold (and also Kraft) work great for the holiday season, you can always swap out the color scheme for any other time of year or occasion. Of course, tiny stars can be used for just about anything so there’s that. 😆 Tiny stars look great on EVERYTHING and especially when foiled, am I right?! You know I am. Heh, heh, heh!
- Buy cutting your foiled panel in half, you’ll get twice the mileage for these cards!
- The Gemini FoilPress Platform is only compatible with the Gemini Junior Die Cutting Machine; if you have a Spellbinders Platinum 6 (or a Big Shot, etc.), you’ll want to use the Spellbinders Glimmer Hot Foil Platform (both systems linked below in the supplies)
- Not everything has to be gold; don’t forget that there are other gorgeous colors of foil that an be used for this project.
- Adding an extra layer of 110# card stock fo the back of your focal (including die cut pieces) will make it sturdy enough to handle wrapping twine or ribbon without buckling.
- Cross-lock (a.k.a. reverse action) tweezers are your friend! They will hold the center of your twine taut while you tie your bow—no assistant necessary!
- To add texture and interest to a plain base card, you can score lines in a pattern, use a stencil to deboss a pattern or use a pretty embossing folder.