Bear is looking seriously cute all dressed-up in the City, at the Farm and to the Rescue. Emily Mydlowski is sharing tips and tricks to create clean and simple scenes using white space as the backdrop, pops of bright color and the EBE Bear Ware Dress Up Stamp Sets.
As a self-proclaimed clean & simple card maker, I’m always “oohhing” and “ahhing” over card designers who build amazing scenes with blended backgrounds, incredible coloring and layers of die cut elements. I had to ask myself…Emily…is it seriously even possible for a CAS card maker to make cute card scenes? There has to be away and with the release of the new Bear Ware Dress Up 1 & 2 Stamps the answer had to be yes! So I took the challenge and today, I’m sharing three simple Dress Up Scene Cards using white space as my backdrop, a few pops of color and THE cutest Bear Ever.
Benefits of all that white space in a scene:
- Let’s your imagination run wild—filling in the blank space with your own images and storyline
- Little pops of color goes a long way like the Bright Red, Yellow and Green in each of Bear’s Dress Up Scenes
- Keeps the focus on the main character and all their cuteness
- Draws attention to the “fun in the pun”
Things to consider when using your white space as a scene-building design element:
- Ground elements to the white space so they don’t float away. Examples of the grounding elements in each of the scenes
Farm Scene: Stamp Fields using the EBE Stay Cool Stamp Set.
Rescue Scene: The sentiment under the firehose and the fire hydrant behind Bear.
- Design with Triangles when stamping and placing elements together. I’ve placed an Equilateral Triangle on each of the cards so you can see what I mean about designing/visualizing with Triangles. You can position your triangles to be straight, angled and turned upside down as long as you can visualize the base its vertices.
A quick note about all the little extras on each card…To get those big rosy cheeks on Bear, I use the R20 Copic with lots of R000 blended over the top. The cake, balloon and flowers are all from Brand Kincaid’s Backyard Party Stamp Set.
So there are friends, three clean and simple scene cards using white space as our backdrop with Bear as the Star Character in his/her new Dress Up Ensembles from Bear Ware Dress Up 1 & 2.
Hope you enjoyed my post today and it inspires you to think in triangles for simple scene cards. Thanks for stopping by and Big Paper Hugs!