We are thrilled to welcome a new friend to the blog today, Emily Mydlowski! We love Emily’s bright & clean style, and her cards using Trinity Stamps always make us smile! You can see more of Emily’s stunning work on her blog & on Instagram but first check out what she’s made today…
Hi Everyone! I’m Emily Mydlowski and I’m so excited to be a guest on the Ellen Hutson blog to share Trinity Stamps with you! Trinity Stamps is a new stamp company who offers the most amazing versatile designs ranging from elegant & sweet to fun & playful. Working with Trinity Stamps designs always brings a smile to my day, and today I’m so full of joy that I can share those smiles with you!
I have for you a few cards that show both the elegant and playful side of Trinity Stamps. I’m also loving the 2019 Pantone Color of the Year so I’ve sprinkled in some Living Coral into each of my cards.
So here we go friends, I hope you enjoy what you see!!
Do you like succulents and cacti? I looooove them and Trinity Stamps has two amazing sets with the most unique succulent images—Succulent Banners and Let Love Grow.
Succulent Banners has the best succulent bouquet to color and a beautiful banner to fill with the sweetest sentiments. I embossed the succulent bouquet with WOW Platinum embossing powder and then did some Copic coloring with Corals and Mints. With WOW Rich Gold embossing powder, I heat embossed “Happiness” into the banner and the “Is when I’m with you” sentiment on a black sentiment strip. I adhered the sentiment strip with foam adhesive and for extra pop I added my most favorite (don’t tell the other washi tapes) gold dot washi tape.
Let Love Grow has wonderful images & sentiments but the succulent and crystal bouquet is a show stopper. To create a focal point on the card, I started by blending a bold coral circle on a card panel using the Brutus Monroe Simply Stencils, Abandoned Coral and Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide Inks and the Trinity Blendability Brushes. I die cut the EBE Alpine Snowfall die into the center of the blended circle (a perfect fit!!) and added gold glitter paper behind the inlay. With WOW Pale embossing powder, I heat embossed the succulent bouquet and added Coral and Mint with Copic markers. The “I’m a Succa for You” sentiment just cracks-me-up and I think it’s perfect for a Valentine or Anniversary card. I heat embossed the sentiment with more Pale Gold, die cut the succulent image and adhered it to the coral circle. For extra pop, I added EBE Clear Hearts and Nuvo Honey Gold Glitter Drops.
Process Tips and Tricks:
- Creating a color pallet before and during the process is always helpful for me. Here you can see the different copic colors that I experimented with during the process.
- When using a stencil, I always secure my card panel with washi tape to my mat and then add the stencil and secure with more washi tape. This way the card panel will not move while blending and leave you with an awkward-shaped circle when you lift up the stencil (I learned this one the hard way).
- I’m a scaredy-pants when it comes to adding sentiments to my cards. Before I commit, I stamp the sentiment to a piece of copy paper and cut around the image and then place it around my card panel to see if and where I like it.
- When I’m embossing an image, I mark where the sentiment and other elements would go with pencil, stamp & emboss and then erase the lines.
Cute & Fun Love Cards
The latest release from Trinity Stamps has the most adorable images. Rhino Bird Day has the cutest rhinos yes, cute rhinos and Seasonal Sweetheart has the sweetest little lady with a matching die so she can squeeze her lovies tight.
The Rhino Bird Day set is full of fun images but the rhinos are my absolute favorite because let’s be honest they are so stinkin’ cute. For this CAS card, I stamped, Copic-colored and fussy cut the rhinos. I created a little stitched background with the Trinity Stamps Castle Scene Builder dies and glued and taped everything into place. For the heart, I blended some Abandoned Coral and Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide Ink; spritzed it with Shimmer spray and used the heart die cut from the Essentials by Ellen High Five die set. MWUAH! from the High Five stamp set was the perfect sentiment for these two rhinos…doesn’t the rhino sitting down look like he just received the best kiss ever and the rhino next to him is like “Yah, I Love this Guy”. To finish the card, I added tiny pink heart sequins and painted their toes Coral.
The Seasonal Sweetheart set is the sweetest. Knowing that she had a little teddy lovey, I couldn’t resist combining it with the cuddles sentiment from the EBE Warm Fuzzies set. This card came together by stamping and Copic coloring the sweet little lady and teddy bear and die cutting the images. I placed the teddy in her hands for a big warm hug. Because Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, I used the EBE Confetti Kisses & Tic Tac Toe Die Combo to create a CAS yet full of love background.
Process Tips & Tricks:
- For the heart in the middle of the tic tac toe board, I colored white card stock with an R21 Copic Marker. This does the trick when you can’t find just the right color card stock in your stash.
- To adhere all the little Xs and Os, I used little dots of Nuvo Adhesive and tweezers to adhere to the card panel.
- Instead of using foam tape to adhere the stitched background, I used Mono Multi Liquid glue so I could move the pieces around before sticking to the panel. For the bottom layer, I placed the glue just on the bottom border, this way I could slip the other stitched piece under the top layer.
- When adhering dies to layered backgrounds, I use two different foam adhesive thicknesses so they lay flat when adhered to the layers. For the rhinos, I used thicker squares on the top and thin squares on his feet.
So there you go my friends, a few cards with several stamps from Trinity Stamps that you can now collect at the Ellen Hutson shop!! For more Trinity Stamps inspiration all week long, you can check out the Trinity Stamps Instagram Feed, Blog and You Tube channel. Thank you to Ellen Hutson for inviting me and Trinity Stamps to share with you some Trinity Stamps Smiles and Big Paper Hugs!!
These are Sooooo cute!
Great cards, & I love the coral & mint colors together. Tfs! 🙂 ~ Andrea
Really Beautiful cards!!!
How fabulous! I love all your gorgeous cards!