The Gemini Foil Press can be used to create stunning DIY wedding invites and we are thrilled to have a special guest here today to share a video tutorial, Ellen’s sweet & talented sister Betty! Check out Betty’s DIY wedding invites and make sure to leave her a little comment love!
It is my pleasure to be a guest designer today here on the Ellen Hutson blog. When I saw the Gemini FoilPress I couldn’t help but think of what wonderful wedding invitations that could be made with it. So I am sharing a wedding stationary set of foiled cards. I used to say that I like things plain and simple, no sparkle or shine. Has card making ever taught me otherwise. I love all the shine we can now add to our cards with the FoilPress! The methods I used today can be used not only on wedding cards but also other types of cards you make.
Come meet DJ and I in this video as we walk you through the process of how I made this set of cards…
- You can use a simple card design or make it more complex depending on how many cards you will want or need to make.
- This foil looks amazing on colored or neutral card stocks. Pick your favorite color combinations to make it suit you.
- The possibilities are endless on what die or dies you use. I have chosen one that can be used both vertically or horizontally. And the size of the card may be determined by the size of the die in relation to the orientation of the card you chose.
- When making a gatefold design card and you are using a die that is not big enough to fit across the full card but the die has a repeating pattern in it you can make 2 panels of the same card, one for each side of the gate fold. Cut through the pattern near the edge of the panel that is nearest to the other side of the gatefold. Cut through the middle of the repeated design so that the opposite panel matches up to it and the pattern remains continuous.
- Use the grid lines on the FoilPress platform to assist in aligning your dies with your cardstock. They can help you remember the placement of your card stock over the die after testing your set up.
- For the larger Gemini machine, ensure that the platform with the top plate extender is lined up straight and in the center when feeding it into your Gemini to ensure it doesn’t hit an edge and jam.
Dimensions for Black, White and Silver Stationary Set
- Center white panel with type written information is 5.5 by 5.5 inches, width cut down slightly to ensure gatefold meets in the center.
- 2 front white panels 3.25 by 5.5 inches scored at .5 inches
- 2 black panels 2.75 by 5.25 inches
Single Panel Invitation
- White panel 5.25 by 5.25 inches
- Black panel 7/8 by 5.25 inches attached .25 inches in from left edge
Save The Date
- White panel 4.25 by 5.25 inches
- Black panel .5 by 5.25 inches attached .25 inches in from left edge
- White panel 3.5 by 3.5 inches
- Black panel 3/8 by 3.5 inches attached 1/8 inches in from left edge
- White panel 4 7/8 by 7 inches scored at 3.5 inches
- Black panel 7/8 by 3.5 inches attached 3/8 inches in from the left edge
Cream and Gold Stationary Set
Invitation and Save the Date
- Cream panel 4.25 by 5.25 inches
- Gold horizontal foiling 5.25 by 1 3/8 inches
- Cream panel 5 by 3.5 inches
- Gold horizontal foiling 5 by 1 1/8 inches
- 10 by 3.5 inches scored at 5 inches
- Gold foil on front of card 5 by 1 5/16 inches
Thank you so much for joining me today. I hope this has inspired you to go and make something with sparkle and shine and that it makes you as happy as it makes me.