Are you looking for a fun crafty project to do with your friends? Or maybe a sweet DIY Valentine’s gift? We can help with our adorable new Bear Cozy Kit!
Felt is one of those wonderful, tactile materials that can be as much fun to work with as paper! And a project doesn’t get much cuter than this adorable bear coffee cozy! Make yours from a single layer of felt, or pump up the plush by stitching two layers together, as Julie shows here. She also included a lesson on the “blanket stitch” for joining the layers together by hand. This simple stitch adds a lovely handmade touch and decorative edge to projects and is easy enough for beginners to learn quickly. Bonus: She even shares how to conceal the knots and thread ends for a beautiful, professional finish.
- This cozy die will wrap around a coffee cup in one piece; you’ll need an extended platform/cutting pads or a machine like the Platinum XL for use.
- You can cut through two layers of felt at one time with this die set. Depending on your machine’s calibration, an additional shim may be necessary to achieve a clean cut through more than one layer.
- The bear’s facial features can be secured with white glue and/or hand-appliquéd.
- When using (unseparated) embroidery threads, ensure your needle has a large enough eye to accommodate them.
- If your layers tend to shift while stitching, use a few pins to hold it in place.
- The cozy can be machine or hand-stitched together; a die for cutting stitching holes is included.
- You can also use alternative closures such as self-adhesive velcro.