Are you looking for an extra special card design? With a few score lines you can make this very simple shadow box, featuring a fun interactive element!
It will even fit inside your standard A-2 envelope for mailing! Julie’s project today has a quick and easy, brayered ink background.
- Both front and back panels measure 5.5 x 6.25”
- Score at .5 and 1” from each of the short ends, on both panels
- Mountain fold the 1” score lines; valley fold the .5 score lines
- When loading and braying ink, use a continuous motion (lift and roll, lift and roll).
- If the colors are similar to each other, you can roll off excess onto scratch paper before changing ink colors; start with lightest color first.
- Use tape to block off parts of a sentiment prior to inking; remove tape prior to stamping.
- If mailing, crease fold lines very well with a bone folder to help compress the shadow box as much as possible; card stock of 80# or less tends to collapse down better for this project (less bulk). Use flat embellishments.
Awesome interactive shadow box card, thanks for the video!
Sooooo CUTE!!!! Love this card!!!
So dang cute! Thanks for reminding me of this quick technique. And the hug quotient…..perfect. Also love that dear dish (perfect for you weather up there, eh?). See ya soon.
Great video on the creation of the card. Very fun idea for the hug.
Love this card! 💕 thank you for sharing!