Are you looking for an extra special card design? With a few score lines you can make this very simple shadow box, featuring a fun interactive element!
It will even fit inside your standard A-2 envelope for mailing! Julie’s project today has a quick and easy, brayered ink background.
- Both front and back panels measure 5.5 x 6.25”
- Score at .5 and 1” from each of the short ends, on both panels
- Mountain fold the 1” score lines; valley fold the .5 score lines
- When loading and braying ink, use a continuous motion (lift and roll, lift and roll).
- If the colors are similar to each other, you can roll off excess onto scratch paper before changing ink colors; start with lightest color first.
- Use tape to block off parts of a sentiment prior to inking; remove tape prior to stamping.
- If mailing, crease fold lines very well with a bone folder to help compress the shadow box as much as possible; card stock of 80# or less tends to collapse down better for this project (less bulk). Use flat embellishments.