4 bar notecard’s, two step-stamping and “tie-dye” balloons are all things Julie loves! Today Julie introduces 3 new products coming to ellenhutson.com this Friday, April 30 at 9AM PDT!
Hey, hi, hello! Julie on the blog today! I have a fun preview of some soon-to-be-released products and 3 sweet and simple birthday card designs that couldn’t be easier to pull together when you’re in a time crunch!
4 bar notecards measure 3.5 x 5″ when folded and are often used in the wedding stationery industry for RSVP cards, but I fell in LOVE with this size years ago for making sets of notecards and everyday greetings because their unique size means I don’t have to stress or over-think the layout or even any kind of special technique–just let the images and sentiments speak for themselves!
The 4 Bar Rectangles make perfectly spaced mat layers and allow me to add one of my favorite finishing touches: a fine bead of Stickles Glitter Glue to frame the focal point!
Two-step stamping also allows me to add color and move along quickly to the assembly stage of more complex projects like this adorable shaker!
These colorful tie-dye balloons look amazing and are SOOOOOO fun to make with whatever watercolor mediums you have on hand! A wee bit of gold thread and the tiniest stars finish off this darling card perfectly!
- If you have trouble centering a sentiment (with the eyeball method), try rotating your project upside down to better gauge placement!
- Simple two-step images are fairly easy to line up without the need for a positioner.
- Use a double-layer of foam for shaker boxes; it gives the bits inside more freedom of movement (especially thicker items like clay embellishments).
- Securing a die cut made from watercolor paper with tape runner to a non-stick sheet really helps keep it flat as you apply water.
- Not satisfied with the end result of your watercolor work, once it’s dry? Don’t toss it just yet! Try spritzing with water, blotting away as much color as possible with a clean paper towel, and try again.
Yes to a 4 bar card size! And the cake and tie dye balloons are FUN!!!
Lovely new designs, thanks, as always, for the fun process video!