In Celebration of our Trinity Stamps Sale, Design Ambassador Emily Mydlowski is with us today sharing three Hot Foil Stamped cards showcasing the Trinity Stamps Cut & Foil Big Words Die Sets.
Hi Friends! I’m excited to be here today sharing three projects using the Cut & Foil products from one of my favorite companies: Trinity Stamps. The Trinity Stamps Cut & Foil die sets include everything you need to cut, foil and letterpress big & bold sentiments that work on every size card you can think of: Slimline, Mini Slimline, A2, A7, etc. AND-You can cut big & bold sentiments without foiling or in my case with foiling!
I also wanted to sneak in another great Trinity Stamps product which is their Slimline Series Pattern Paper Packs. Don’t let the slimline name fool you, the paper size works great for A2 panels too. I’m really stretching my paper supply muscles using the colorful rainbow dot pattern paper from the Christmas Paper Pack!
1-2-3-4-5 Easy Foiling Steps: Spellbinders Hot Foil with the Gemini FoilPress Machine
The results of using a Hot Foil Stamp are absolutely gorgeous. The foil shimmers and glistens in all different ways when the light hits in just right. I found that Hot Foil Stamping takes a little trial and error with the type of paper, type of foil, temperature and timing. After a few experiments gone very wrong and a few just right, I’ve collected some tips and tricks that I describe below that have resulted in the perfect foil “peel away”.
- Set your temperature. I use the Highest setting for Spellbinders Hot Foil rolls with the Gemini FoilPress.
- Preheat your Hot Foil Stamp. I placed the Trinity Stamps Hot Foil Stamp on the Gemini FoilPress heat plate for about 50-60 seconds.
- Apply your Hot Foil to the Hot Foil Stamp. Make sure the pretty side faces down towards the stamp with the dull side up. Then add your paper on top of the foil & stamp.
- Start your timer. I set my timer for 45-55 seconds when using the Spellbinders Hot Foil with the Gemini FoilPress. Tip: Extra smooth or glossy paper seems to give me the best foil “peel away” results. For my projects, I used glossy photo paper and the “peel away” was perfect every time!
- After the timer beeps, carefully remove the heat plate sandwich and run it through the Gemini Junior. Then remove the top plate and paper from the stamp and “peel away” the foil from the paper to reveal a gorgeous Letterpressed Foil Impression.
The Card Details
For the Celebrate Slimline Card, I used the Moondust Spellbinders Hot Foil Roll and the Trinity Stamps Slimline Striped Frame Panel Die. I trimmed the rainbow polka dot paper to fit inside the striped panel and adhered all the pieces to an Ebony card panel and then a white slimline card base.
For the Thanks Mini Slimline Card, I used the Speckled Aura Glitter Spellbinders Hot Foil Roll and the Trinity Stamps Mini Slimline Stitched Layers Stack and the Clean and Simple Mini Slimline Panels Dies. With thin tape, I placed small pieces of the rainbow polka dot paper behind the rectangle panels and adhered all the pieces to an Ebony Mini Stitched Card Panel and then Cardbase.
For the Hello A2 Card, I used Spellbinders Prism Hot Foil for the shadow base layer and Fuschia Flower Hot Foil for the top layer. I offset the Fuschia Flower Hello Die Cut from the Prism Hello Shadow base for a 3D Word Art Effect.
So there we are friends, three Big & bold Clean and Simple Sentiment cards using the Trinity Stamps Cut & Foil Dies, Slimline Series Paper Pack and Spellbinders Hot Foil Rolls.
If you liked seeing these products in action and looking to grab some Trinity Stamps supplies, now is a great time with the Trinity Stamps Sale in the Ellen Hutson Shop. Happy Shopping and Big Paper Hugs!