Welcome to Day 3 of the 12 Tags of Christmas!
Next up is the cool and creative Therese Calvird! Today, Therese is sharing a fun version of this classic song, and it’s going tropical. Check out how she was inspired below!
For more information on the 12 Tags of Christmas Challenge, click HERE.
Hi there, it’s Therese here! Today I am sharing a tag inspired by a wonderful version of Mele Kalikimaka sung by Jimmy Buffett! This is such a cheerful song, so I just had to make my tag cheery too!
Step 2 – Die cut the background with one of the Essential Arches. To create the frame for the tag in Honeysuckle cardstock, use 2 of the Arches dies nested together. Adhere these together.
I colored a tropical pineapple shirt and added some sunglasses to Santa… and did you notice that he is surfing on a sled? This was such fun to do!
Step 4 – Stamp and die cut the sentiment into a speech bubble and attach this and the images to the front of the tag using thin foam squares.
Step 5 – Punch a hole and add some twine to the top of the tag.
- Don’t have any tag dies? You can use any shape or size of nesting dies to create your own tags, just as I did here with the Essentials Arches.
- You can also make a speech bubble to fit any sentiment, I used one of the Essential Circles and simply added a triangle.
- Add a bit of fun to your Christmas designs by using bright non-traditional colors.
- To reduce bulk adhere the images directly to the front of the tag.
- Why not make this into a card, add a second die cut arch and attach it to the back!
Other Supplies: Concord & 9th Cardstock – Eggplant / Parsley / Evergreen / Aqua Sky / Oceanside / Honeysuckle.