If you’re new to layering stamps and not sure where to start, don’t worry! We’ve got you covered. Join Carly as she shares her favorite tips and techniques to help you achieve fantastic results with ease when using layering stamps.
Let me be completely honest, I am not a good stamper, LOL! Luckily I have found a few tips, tricks and card designs that have helped me with all stamping, especially layering sets like the adorable Essentials by Ellen Summer Doodles!
TIPS & TRICKS:
- A stamping tool like the MISTI makes lining up layers a breeze! Especially when you “test stamp” on a piece of acetate first.
- Choose a layering stamp set that looks cute lined up or a little off center like Essentials by Ellen Summer Doodles and Essentials by Ellen Everyday Doodles!
- Create multi-color images by using blending tools to soften or apply inks.
- Create a paper template to put in the MISTI to help align layers and stamp lots of die cuts.
- Consider using just one of the stamp layers.
- Use low-tack tape to mask off parts of the stamp before inking.