CALLING ALL COLOR ENTHUSIATS!
We’re coming your way with a fun new challenge!
We could not be more excited to announce the return of the COLOR TRENDS CHALLENGES! Each month, we’ll be sharing a color palette that we’re inspired by. You’ll be invited to let your creativity fly and make a project using the palette colors. For each project you create and post to your social media, you’ll be entered for a chance to WIN a $25 gift card to ellenhutson.com!
This month, we were inspired by the warm, cozy, natural shades that come with the end of summer. With help from Designspiration, we created a mood board to help you get started.
Design Team member Carly Tee Minner is helping us kick off the challenge by sharing how our palette inspired her. Check out her colorful cards below!
A stamping tool like the MISTI and blending tools make it easy to give solid stamped images a little dimension & color variation. Choose two similarly colored inks, one lighter and one darker. Stamp in lighter color first like these Stardust leaves. Then apply a little Green Tea ink to just part of stamp and soften by daubing with a blending tool before stamping again.
Feeling a little out of your color comfort zone? Choose one color from the palette that you are most comfortable with and just add small bits of the other colors. For this card I used mainly the Juniper Mist because I love a navy blue! And then I made one letter each in “hello” the other colors.
Now’s the fun part where we invite you to play along!
To make it easy to share your project, this post will be “pinned” to the top of our blog from August 3rd through the 30th. We always look forward to seeing what you’re inspired to make, and we welcome all to join along in the fun this August (with a chance to win a $25 gift certificate to ellenhutson.com)!
Playing along is easy – here’s how to enter!
To participate in the challenge, please follow these guidelines when linking-up your tags with the InLinkz Link-Up tool below:
- Create a card – or cards! – following the layout above and share it in a blog post, social media post, or online gallery. You can post as many projects as you like! Each card must be new, created especially for this challenge.
- Using any Essentials by Ellen product, create a handmade project using the color palette above. You’re not limited to just making cards!
- Tag us on your social media using the hashtag #AUGUSTEBECHALLENGE
- Each post or gallery description must include that your card was created for Ellen Hutson’s August Color Trends Challenge
- Once you’ve posted, come back and add a direct link to your project at the end of this post using the tool provided
- Winner will be chosen randomly using random.org
- Deadline to enter the August Color Trends Challenge is Friday September 2, 2022 at 11:59PM PST. Your posts must be linked by then to qualify for entry
- HAVE FUN! We can’t wait to see what you create!