Learn to create an interactive card with a sliding tab that animates the card and reveals a message!
Julie’s back from Japan with a simple/easy pull-tab-slider card how-to. Sounds like a mouthful, but it’s easier than it looks! She’s using the Swing N’ Slide Dies to create a sliding track that reveals a hidden message when you pull the tab to make the moped and fruit basket slide to the right.
- Look for sentiment stamps that are small enough to fit within the track for this particular type of slider card.
- Make sure your pull tab will be tall enough to conceal the sentiment behind it and long enough to extend beyond the right edge of the card.
- Connect focal images together, to move as one unit, by gluing a paper “bridge” alongside the back.
- To prevent tall images that extend way above the track from sagging, add foam adhesive to the back for support but keep the liner paper in that area intact so it doesn’t stick to your card front.
- If adding additional die cut elements, plan accordingly and take care to mount them so they do not impede the movement of the focal image as it slides along the track.