Emboss resist is an easy stamping technique with gorgeous results, especially when paired with ink blending!
Julie has been having a ball with her Life-changing Brushes by Picket Fence Studios and today she’s doing an emboss resist with ink blending on top of a die cut with detail lines! The end result is a cross between an ombré or rainbow effect with sun rays built in!
- Use the tool(s) from your MISTI Creative Corners to line up your dies if you have trouble eyeballing.
- Prep your paper surface prior to heat embossing with an anti-static pouch; you’ll have much cleaner embossing results.
- Detail powders are perfect for more delicate sentiments and image lines.
- Make your own chipboard embellishments by stacking layers of die cuts together.
- Create “custom” paper colors with ink blending.
- You can clean off your Life-changing Brushes by rubbing them against a baby wipe, and then against clean scratch paper; alternatively, you can run them under tap water and store them brush up/handle down in a jar or cup and allow them to air dry. It’s always a good idea to clean off your brushes before changing (high contrast) ink colors and/or before storing them.
Such fun! More CP colors for my wishlist…
What a cool card !
Cute card. Thanks for the tip using ruler from the misti. Never thought of that. You always have great ideas.