Julie is sharing a very simple and easy to put together interactive card featuring the Envelope Slider Dies—her secret? The hidden slot built into the die when she developed its design. The die can be used strictly as a tiny envelope, in which to tuck a mini note or die cut images, or a hidden message that magically reveals as the recipient pulls on the string!
- The strip of card stock to create the slider message needs to be slightly narrower than the slot opening it will be pulled through.
- If your sentiment doesn’t fit the width of the strip, often times you can snip apart the words and reposition them as you like onto your mount; they can always be re-aligned to their original format afterwards.
- Take care to position your stamping along the strip to the areas where you intend it to show as it is pulled upward from the envelope, allowing extra room for the section below, that will remain hidden.
- A stop gap will prevent the strip from being pulled out completely.
- Trim the top of your strip accordingly, allowing enough space at the top to attach string or a tab for grasping and pulling it upwards.
- You can easily seal off the slit with a piece of cello tape, if you prefer to use it without the sliding aspect.