Making a shaped rainbow card doesn’t get any easier than this! Julie is giving us a sneak peek at her upcoming Rainbow Card and Big Scripty Happy Birthday Die Sets today!
Hello there—it’s Julie with a super quick and easy rainbow birthday card—not a drop of ink was used on this colorful cutie! A gorgeous selection of card stock colors and die cutting are all it takes! And, hello, isn’t that scripty “happy birthday” just the icing on the cake?! BOOM!
You know, my favorite thing about this new die set is that I can bust out 5 rainbow shaped cards (almost) faster than you can say Bob’s yer Uncle! (wink!)
- When die cutting, position the top-most edge of the outer rainbow shape die just beyond the fold line of a regular card to maintain the fold/keep it built-in.
- Start with the smallest color arch when assembling them into order to avoid any distortion of the shape(s).
- 3 layers of #110 card stock yields a wonderful faux chipboard thickness for die-cut words and shapes.
- Wrap Press-N Seal sticky side out around a piece of scrap chipboard for a DIY sticky mat; prevents things from sliding around on your work surface when applying glue, etc.
- Mini glue dots can be cut in half and placed strategically for a “no-show” mounting effect.
So super cute!
Thanks, Amy! XO!
Adorable palette for this fun shaped card.
Thank you, Andre! For whatever reason, it reminds me of Lifesavers candies, LOL!
Love this! The color combo is terrific!
Had to buy both dies. Really great job with this, Julie.