Need a fun Valentine greeting, but don’t have any Valentine stamps? Julie is sharing an easy Z-fold design with an unexpected twist–AVOCADOS!!!
Hello and Happy New Year! I’m kinda’ stoked over this project–I don’t actually own any Valentine stamps! But, I’m not letting that stop me from making a funny, punny Valentine! When I thought about making a Valentine for the Mister (seriously, V-day will be here before we know it), I wanted something humorous that he could relate to! We both loooooove avocados like crazy, so this is gonna be PERFECT!!!
This very simple Z-fold features a peek-a-boo effect and a message that appears through the window just by opening the card !
- Card Base – 4.25 x 11″; score at 2.75 and 5.5″ from the short end
- Focal Panel – 3.5 x 4.75″
Finished card measures 4.25 x 5.5″
- Don’t have coordinating dies for your stamps? Use basic shape dies or punches to create your peek-a-boo windows!
- Don’t have the perfect sentiment? Customize with Alphabet Dies (or stamps).
- Pre-plan what you’d like the card to say, and layout your letters prior to gluing down, so you can see how it will all work together with your images.
- For adhering die cut letters, use washi tape as a hinge, to position them straightly.
- Stickles last. Ask me how I know . . .
So Julie….how do you know that Stickles last???
Inevitably, if I put it on any time sooner, I WILL smear it. Every.single.time. LOL!
So many terrific tips in this video, Julie!!! You continue to amaze. Hubby will love it. Thanks!
Awwe! Thanks, my friend! XO!