Hi Friends! Emily Mydlowski here with you today celebrating National Embroidery Month with a fun way to stretch your stitching dies & supplies to create stitched shaker pockets using the Rainbow Plushie Designer Die Set.
Creating a Stitched Die Cut Shaker Pocket
- Place the Rainbow Arch Stitching Die to the center of an A2 Landscape Cardbase and run through a die cutting machine.
- With a Metal Shim as part of the cutting plate sandwich, die cut a Clear Stamp Storage Pocket (I used an Avery Elle Storage Envelope) with the Rainbow Arch Edge Die. If you’re not willing to part with your Stamp Storage Sleeves, you can also use a clear page protector; just make sure the plastic has a little flex to create a pocket, rather than stiff plastic like acetate.
- Align the Rainbow Arch Stitching Die to the Clear Plastic Arch Die Cut to add the stitching holes.
- Secure the Clear Plastic Rainbow to the A2 Cardbase. Using a Running Stitch and Gold Crochet Thread (you can also use colored floss), appliqué the Clear Plastic Rainbow to the Stitched Holes on the A2 Cardbase leaving a small opening to add sparkle stars and sequins. After adding your sparkle and shine to the pocket, stitch the opening closed to secure the shaker pieces.
- TaDa! You now have yourself a stitched shaker pocket and now it’s time to assemble the Happy Rainbow Card.
After creating the Rainbow Arched Shaker Pocket, I die-cut the Rainbow Beams in Pink, Yellow, Purple, Yellow and Teal cardstock and adhered each beam to the Stitched Pocket with Matt Multi Medium.
I used the cloud+stitching holes metal die to cut the clouds from white cardstock and the happy face from glitter cardstock and rosy cheeks from pink cardstock. The gold heat embossed “You Make Me Smile” sentiment is from the Pure Magic Stamp Stamp Set. I stitched each of the clouds with white/silver crochet thread and then adhered them to the bottom of the rainbow with liquid and foam adhesive squares.
So there we are friends, a fun way to stretch your stitching supplies to create stitched shaker pockets and embellishments. Thanks for stopping by and Big Paper Hugs!