Are you looking for an easy DIY décor project for spring? Well Carly is here with an easy felt garland perfect for spring & Easter!
Have you played with any of the Essentials by Ellen stitching dies? They are so fun and perfect for us papercrafters that want to dip our toes in into stitching & creating with felt!
Here’s a quick process video for how I used the Essentials by Ellen Sew Cute Bunny to create an Easter garland…
Tips & Tricks
- When using low-tack tape while die cutting shapes, make sure to keep tape on edges so felt shape isn’t damaged.
- Add all your details before sewing bunnies (and eggs together).
- Stuff as you stitch to make it easier to stuff small spaces like legs & ears.
- Consider making felt stickers by applying felt to sheet of doubled sided adhesive before die cutting. Instant sticker!
- Don’t have the right color felt or floss on hand? Use alcohol markers to color what you need.
- Add extra details like cheeks with colored pencils or alcohol markers.
- The pre-punched holes with the Sew Cute dies are also the perfect opportunity for experienced stitchers to try a new stitch. Make sure to check out the EBE Paper Embroidery Stitch Guide!
So charming, Carly! I love that you used a blanket stitch around the edges–gives it a more finished look!