We are continuing our lucky 13th anniversary celebration with some of Ellen’s favorites on the blog this week!
Today we have 10 fabulous foil card ideas, along with some great info about foil for cardmakers!
Types Of Foil
We think all foils are good but not all foils are good for the same things! The 2 main types of foil are thermal foil and toner reactive foil.
- Thermal Foil requires heat and pressure; it is a “hot stamping” foil, which is why it works with metal dies/impression plates. Thermal foils are designed for use with the Gemini Foil Press. Crafter’s Companion Foils are thermal.
- Toner Reactive Foils require toner (printed imagery and/or toner infused sprays/glues/pastes, etc.) and heat. iCraft Deco Foils (by ThermoWeb), WOW foils, Heidi Swapp foils are toner reactive.
How To Use
- Gemini Foil Press: use with thermal foils and metal dies.
- Toner Products: use with toner reactive foils and a hot laminator.
- Embossing Powder: use with toner reactive foils, embossing powders & a laminator. Sticky Powder & Bonding Powder generally work the best but don’t be afraid to test other powders.
- Dry Adhesives (double-sided tape): use with thermal and toner reactive foils. No heat required. We love Be Creative tape for this!
- Wet Adhesives (glue pens): use with thermal and toner reactive foils. no heat required. We love Zig 2 Way Glue pens and the iCraft Deco Foil Adhesive Pen.
Just click on the pictures below to see more and don’t miss the video at the end!