Welcome to the first day of previews for the new August Essentials by Ellen release! We’re swimming your way with a nautical new collection of stamps, dies, and hot foil plates, available only on ellenhutson.com this Friday, July 22nd at 9 AM PDT. Every day this week, we’ll be showing off a treasure trove of tips, tricks and inspiration from our Design Team. To close out the week, we’ll be having a SHELL-abratory Instagram Hop, complete with GIVEAWAYS!
Today, Julie’s kicking things off by showing how to use our NEW Essential Circles Hot Foil Stamps! These new Essential Hot Foil Shapes pair perfectly with our line of Essentials by Ellen Shapes Dies.
Hi, it’s Julie! In keeping with all the sea themed sets in this release, I wanted to make a foiled porthole shaker card–I couldn’t resist using the “Happy as a clam” sentiment and water image from O-Fish-al, which go so perfectly with the little clam in the Seaweeds set! Yay!
- Use small stamped images as confetti/shaker bits.
- Foam “sheets” can be cut with low profile dies and are awesome for odd or non-square shaped shaker windows.
- Double up on foam layers for more/improved shaker action.
- Foil frame first, then die cut the opening.
- Be extra careful if heat embossing anything near your hot foil stamping; the heat from the embossing tool can cause the foil to “shrink” and lose some of its shine.