Are you looking for some fun cards to make this spring? We think we can help with these easy Easter cards using alcohol inks! Carly is sharing a few techniques she like to use with alcohol inks that make adorable eggs. And as a bonus, decorating paper eggs is less expensive than decorating real eggs these days, LOL!
I love an easy technique and working with alcohol inks couldn’t be easier! You can’t make a mistake because even if the result isn’t what you were expecting, it will be beautiful!
And after you have a ball making alcohol ink backgrounds, you can create easy & adorable Easter cards with the Essentials by Ellen Essential Eggs!
See how the alcohol ink backgrounds come together in this quick process video…
- Protect your table and work on a non-stick or glass mat.
- Yupo is a great surface for alcohol inks because it’s a synthetic, waterproof, bright white paper that keeps colors bright and tolerates wet on wet techniques without warping. Glossy cardstock and vellum are also fun to use with alcohol inks.
- Choose colors of alcohol ink that will blend nicely together to avoid “mud”.
- Don’t like the results? Add more rubbing alcohol and start over.
- Experiment with different tools to move the inks around and create patterns like a blower (or straw), an applicator tool, a pipette, paper towels and more.
- Clean alcohol ink bottle tips & caps to keep them from being sticky & hard to open next time.
- Always work in a well-ventilated area when using alcohol products.
- Have fun and enjoy the process!
Fantastic video! I thought I knew everything about alcohol inks, but alas, I learned a few new tips! I love the short length of this video and all the ideas/suggestions you packed in. And your “go for it”/don’t worry about “mistakes” attitude is so refreshing. I think fear of perfection too often holds us back. These are very lovely cards. Thank you!