Alcohol inks are a fabulous & versatile medium to have in your craft room because they are bright, vibrant and work with numerous techniques including marbling! Today Carly is sharing two easy techniques for using alcohol inks to achieve a beautiful marbled effect!
Marbling With Water…
- protect your work surface and wear gloves if you don’t want to get messy. Carly doesn’t and her hands are still inky days later, LOL!
- set up a “drying station” so you can spend more time marbling & less time drying with a heat gun.
- dry panels completely before stamping or die cutting to avoid smearing/bleeding or tearing.
- experiment with different temperatures of water to see how the ink reacts and try Ranger Alcohol Pearl Inks too!
Marbling With Shaving Cream…
- protect your work surface and wear gloves for cream marbling too because it’s also a little messy!
- consider using unscented shaving cream if strong smells can give you a headache.
- using cream can give more controlled results so use a palette knife or even a toothpick to swirl designs in the cream.
- use palette knife & paper towel to remove all excess cream.
- marbled panels are dry almost instantly.